There are a couple of reasons for changing the speed of a YouTube video. There’s a possibility that you don’t have enough time, or you fear you will miss the interesting parts of the video if you continue to move the video forward. Therefore, you have this opportunity that you can adjust the speed of the video according to your liking. You can either increase the speed of the video or even decrease it if you want. This feature of YouTube is really liked and enjoyed by users.
Today, YouTube has gained increasing popularity among children as well as elders. Nearly everyone uses it to watch videos in their leisure time. With this feature, it has created a lot more convenience for the users as they can change YouTube video speed anytime they want. This feature works on both, your web browser as well as your mobile application. This aids the users in a way that they can quickly watch a video if they don’t have time by speeding up the video. Users get two to three options for increasing speed. They can choose however they like. On the other hand, the user can also slow down a video according to their preferences.
How to change YouTube videos speed using Android
You should have the YouTube mobile application installed on your phone. Following is a step to step guide on how to change speed of a YouTube video.
- Open YouTube application. Search the video you want to see.
- Decide either you want to increase the speed of the video or decrease the speed.
- You would see three dots on the upper right of the screen, tap on that. A small window of video settings will open.
- Tap on the third option i.e. Playback speed. This will open speeds that are available for your video.
- You will see a normal speed, along with three options for speeding up the video and further three options for slowing down the video.
- If you want to slow down the speed of video, you can choose from three choices given for decreasing speed.
- If you want to speed up video, you can choose from three choices given at top for increasing the speed.
- If you want to get back to the original speed of the video, simply tap on normal.
How to adjust speed of YouTube videos on iPhone
- Open the video in the YouTube mobile application for apple.
- Decide whether you want speed up or slow down the video.
- Tap on the three dots on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on playback speed. A new window will open with available speed options for you.
- You will see three options for speeding up the video, and another three options for reducing the speed. And in the mid, there is an option for normal speed setting.
- If you want to increase the speed, choose from 0.25x, 0.5x or 0.75x.
- If you want to reduce the speed, choose any one among 1.25x, 1.5x, or 2x.
- For normal speed setting, tap on normal.