What is Pinterest?
How the Pin is actually Hidden?
When it comes to your pins, sometimes the pinners on the Pinterest accidentally hide it. The process is easy when you are using a mobile application. All you have to do is press and hold the image to be pinned and move your finger through the X icon. The save button and the X icon are together which is why you might be mistaken to accidentally hide the pin instead of saving it.
Before knowing how to unhide the pin you may want to know how the pin is hidden. Take a look at the process step by step.
- Open your web browser and log into the Pinterest
- At the top left corner is an icon of Pinterest where you can go to the newsfeed of your home
- If you want to hide the promoted pin, all you have to do is press the three dots present at the down right corner of the image
- It gives you a hiding option as you press, “I don’t like this pin”. There are other reasons that you can choose. It is all your wish.
- Press the X button once you hold any pin so that it can be hidden.
If you want to keep your pin for a long time then you must unhide the hidden pin instantly. You may not be able to see the pins hidden in the form of a group if you are using it on a mobile app. But if you hide a pin, you have to unhide it instantly, otherwise, you may never be able to get your hands on that pin again.
- Suppose you have hidden a pin; it has now camouflaged itself in a dark Gray color.
- All you have to do is go to that overlay, check your pin.
- Then press the undo button to unhide it.
If you hide your pins but still want to see it, then shift your pins to privacy rather than hiding them. The problem is that you are unable to hide your own pins but they can always be saved on a board which you can choose to make private. The one who manages your Pinterest account is able to see those pins only. Nobody else has an access to them. If you want to create your private board all you have to do is open the application and select the board you wish to hide. In case you are using a mobile application, just hold the board’s cover image and edit it after selecting the icon of a pencil which is present in the down right corner below the cover image of the board. Switch on the visibility toggle and press “keep this board secret”.
You’re good to go with the whole process then!