Instagram being an entirely visual platform allows a person to post their pictures, privately or in a group message their friend or colleges and has the wonderful feature of sharing Instagram stories with your friends or sometimes close friends. However, sometimes for privacy or secrecy, you want to mute someone from your post or stories. The person you end up muting will not be able to view your posts or stories ensuring your privacy. As a result, making your Instagram experience peaceful. On the other hand, sometimes you do not want to keep the person muted and unmute on Instagram so they can engage and view your content, for that you need to learn how to unmute.
Mute on Instagram
While muting someone on Instagram the main point of concern for them is whether the other person will find out. Thus it is important to learn the aftereffect of muting.
Instagram has designed their system in such a way that it will not send any message or notification indicating that the other person has muted them. That being said, you as well as the other person will not be able to view each other’s posts or stories once muted however, with the help of an Instagram photo downloader they will still be able to view or download your posts and stories. It is important to know that muting does not mean blocking thus you will be able to view each other’s profile. On the other hand, if you end up muting the messages you will not get any notifications however you will be able to read them once you click on the message.
How to Unmute on Instagram – A step to step guide
Unmuting Stories: – Sometimes you have only unmuted stories for a while but want to make it accessible again for someone, this is how you can do it.
- Open Instagram on your Smartphone.
- Scroll through the stories feed till you reach the end. The muted stories will have a grey circle around them rather than a colorful one.
- Press and then hold on to the story that you want to unmute. A pop-up will open within the app.
- On the pop-up, there will be a list of options. Press ‘Unmute’.
Often a person has muted Instagram stories and posts, so it can be quite challenging to find out where to unmute. There are two methods to unmute on Instagram and achieve your purpose.
- In the search bar type the account name you wish to unmute.
- Click on the message or following option and select mute.
- Tap the button on the right. On the pop-up, there will be an option to unmute stories or posts.
- Open your profile
- Choose the ‘following’ option
- In your following list lookup the person, you want to unmute.
- Click on the 3 dots to unmute.
With these helpful steps unmute whoever you wish to and share your amazing Instagram worthy life experiences with them!